Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Weekend

I have two whole days to sew, sleep, sew, watch television, sew, garden, sew, clean my house, sew, sew, sew. Oh, I will snack and munch in-between but I will mostly sew.
My daughter said she is coming to spend Saturday with me from Orlando, so I may have to do a little entertaining in-between sewing but not a lot. She can fiddle around on the computer or watch television. I bought her favorite snacks to keep her happy (LOL).
I started my morning by surfing the net and I fell in love again. I do not know if I told you or not but I love antique quilts and any type of patch quilt (four-nine-sixteen-twenty-five, etc). So, I was doing my surfing-wishing for more time to quilt and dreaming of quilts I want to make when I have more time-when I came across Christine @ Once Upon a Quilt. She is having a nine patch swap using reproduction fabrics. Just me. The swap has one catch. It is for Australian quilters only. You know the postage thing.
Well, I am going to join in the fun as a straggler. I am good at that. It is a six month project. I should be through with my Straggler Calender Quilt in July and then I will start this quilt.
SometimesI feel like a child looking in the window at someone else's Christmas and wishing it was me. I do visit the flickr photos of the various swaps. I do not always want to join but I do enjoy looking.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment