Sunday, May 17, 2009

I really need to learn how to blog. I am going to take a week to learn how to use all the tools and gadgets to navigate this blog. I would like to make some changes. Sorta like moving the furniture around in your house.
Ok, back to the job at hand. I think I made some progress in my quilting this week.
I went to JoAnn's and bought the gift for the guild meeting tomorrow. I hate buying gifts for people I know, so think how I feel buying a gift for someone I do not know. I always wonder whether they will like it or not. I bought a package of permanent markers in six colors.

On to my "To Do List". With my heart in my hand I come to you and apologize first. Once again I did not complete a single Happy House. I think I need to work on three quilts at a time/per week. And I did not quilt the I Spy Quilt. Sorry.
I did 24 strips (above) for the Straggler Calender Quilt. I was very pleased with my color choices.

My goal was 12 blocks for the Stash Pot Pie. I stopped counting at 17. This quilt is coming along nicely.

My goal for the 9-patch and 16-patch was 12 each. I made 16 each. I need to catch up with Amanda @ Crazy Mama Quilts. This week she posted how many we should have made. I do not think I have enough. Plus, I want to be ahead in case I ever have to work late and do not get to sew. I hate being behind.
I forgot to take a picture of the pink and white Disappearing Nine Patch sides. I did make 16 of them. Now all I have to do is turn them into blocks.
While washing dishes this morning I was listening to some Christian television show. He was talking about stepping out of your comfort zone and becoming a bigger, better person. It made me think of my life and how I love being in my comfort zone. I am not a risk taker. I admire people who do take risk but I just cannot seem to step up to the bat. My kitchen sink looks out into to my sunroom (which I turned into my sewing room). From that window I can see Belle (I named my HQ 16). I am afraid to quilt with Belle. I can load a quilt on Belle, position the pantograph, look at it every day and feel it in my heart to quilt but I just cannot seem to make myself quilt. I even go as far as following the pattern with the laser without the machine on. But I will not turn the machine on. It takes a lot for me to actually quilt. So, I need to step out of my comfort zone. I need to take the risk, no matter how the quilt turns out. I need to quilt.
Lots of love.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment