Saturday, March 7, 2009

Goodmorning,
It is the start of another quilting weekend. I hope to accomplish quite a few things this weekend. I need to work on Bears in the Farmhouse and get it e-mailed to Judy, work on my gray squares, work on my BOM blocks, do some strips for Stash Pot Pie (I have all 99 of the one color strips completed and quite a few of the others-I hope to have all the strips completed this weekend), practice free motion quilting for 15 minutes a day, work on my Calender quilt, Happy Houses, Siggy blocks, and quilt Solange's quilt.
I had planned on going to the quilt shop for some white muslin for my Siggy squares but I do not know if I am going to make it. I also want to go to the Strawberry Festival. I plan to freeze some strawberries this year. If I do not go one of my co-workers said she would buy me some strawberries and bring them to work Monday (sounds good to me right now).
I know this sound like a lot but a lot of it just finishing off what I have been working on for the last two weeks.
The hardest part for me will be the block for Bears in the Farmhouse. I like the colors that I chose for the bear paws but I am having second thoughts about the sashing. Judy has her sashing all different colors. I just do not see that as me. I found a nice yellow in my stash and think I am going to try that.
My gray nine patch blocks are blocks that I have been working on for a while. I will post pictures of them. The gray material is something that makes you wonder what you were thinking when you bought the material. Ugh. I think I bought it years ago on sale-a cheapy sale.
They are growing on me.
I will post pictures on Saturday night and Sunday night of my progress.
Jeri.

No comments:

Post a Comment