Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Quilting Along Merrily

I finished by block of the month blocks for July and have sent them off. I am still trying to decide if I like this block. I haven't started any new projects lately (although I have wanted to). I have been browsing the internet, visiting blogs, wishing and dreaming. But I have stuck to my goals of completing a project before I start something else.
Although I am going to make what I call a quilt planner for my quilting group. Once again I won the door prize and need to bring the next prize. I want to bring something that I made instead of something I bought. I have one and I use it all the time. It holds six patterns and room for notes. Mine does not have a cover but I am going to make a test cover with mine before I make the one as a prize. I will post pictures when I finish.
I am getting ready for my trip to the Jacksonville Quilt show. I have chose the pattern I want to make and ordered it. It is paper piecing. Lots of it. So I decided to make a small ironing board to take with me. I had seen the board on several blogs and never thought I would want one. Now I do. It was fun and easy to make. I bought my dinner tray from WalMart for $8. The material and elastic was from my stash. I would say it took me less than 2 hours to make it. I did a lot of planning before I cut into my fabric since I was using left over fabric that was not quite wide enough. I am liking this a lot.

I will be starting my Sunshine and Shadow quilt next month. I have mailed the fabric to Nadine.
I hope she likes the colors I chose. I have washed and ironed my fabric. This weekend I plan on cutting into it.
My friend JoAnna will be here sometime today from Colorado. I am taking off work Monday to visit with her. We will have a good time.
Happy quilting. I hope to have a completed quilt to show and tell next time.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment