Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

I finally finished the baby quilt for my co-worker. I like the way it turned out.

This is my favorite. I like putting the birth announcement on the back.

I finished off the blocks for my block of the month club. I saw this block in a quilt over on the Idaho Quilter's blog and I thought at the time that it was a nice quilt pattern. I hope I win this month. Oh, and has anyone heard from the Idaho Quilter. She hasn't blogged since she moved closer to her family. I enjoyed her blog. She did/does beautiful patchwork and applique'.
I haven't been doing much sewing. I have been busy working on my Sunshine and Shadow that I plan to start on in August. I did not know how much planning goes into planning the quilt from a photo or image in your mind to the finished product. But I love it.
Look at what I found for $10.00. It is going to make the perfect quilting table. One of the maintance men at work is going to make an extension for the back that folds down so that when I am not quilting it does not take up much room. The only drawback I saw was that it did not have a drawer but for $10 I can live without it.
I hope everyone has a lovely Fourth of July. I plan on celebrating with my daughter and son.
I live close to the beach and can watch the fireworks from my house.
Happy sewing.
Jeri


No comments:

Post a Comment