Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I loved being with other quilters. I learned so much. I want to do so much. They made me think and challenge myself to do bigger and better things. Thank you West Palm Beach Quilters.
But I am glad to be home and quilting again. I spent the day sorting my fabric, looking at all the wonderful colors and dreaming of my quilting days ahead.
Before I left I had made myself promises I did not keep. I left with a list with four items on it. I came back with a suitcase full of fabric. Surprise.
One of the quilts I want to make this year is a Trip Around the World. So I found this fat quarter packet at People, Places and Quilts in Summerville, SC. I thought the colors would look nice. Soft yellows, a little blue and green.

Well, it started with this.

Went to this.

Ended with this.
I think I bought enough to make two quilts. Smile.


Oh, Fransson has a tutorial on Sew Mama Sew to make a little pincushion with thread bag that I want to make. While at the quilt show I decided that I would try it in these colors. I could not remember how many different colors I needed so I bought six fat quarters. I will make this over the weekend. My daughter is coming to visit. I am trying to get her interested in quilting. She is not into sewing. I think it skipped generations in my family. I like to quilt/sew/crafts. My grandmother sewed and quilted. My mother and daughter do not care for sewing or crafts. Oh, well. I may one day have a grandaughter that enjoys sewing.
Once I get all my pictures sorted and arranged I will post my favorites from the quilt show.
If you get a chance go visit Lancaster, Pa and see the local attractions. The countryside is beautiful. The farms are a sight to behold. The quilt shops are wonderful.
It's late and I only have one day left before I go back to work. I need to make the most of it.
Jeri.



1 comment:

  1. Yummy, yummy fabrics ! You really did a wonderful choice, and I'm sure these treasures will soon become a gorgeous quilt ;>)

    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete