Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's February

How time flies when you are having fun. And I am having fun finishing the quilts I started. I haven't starting quilting the Spiderweb quilt but I did finish the back for the Scrappy Bargello by Bonnie Hunter. I am now using a stencil and pounce to mark the quilting lines. I wanted to buy a new stencil or pantograph (Bayside quilting had free shipping last week and I really wanted to buy their Lime Tree pantograph, it is oh so pretty) but this is my year to use what I have and finish what I started (I have to keep telling myself that as it is so easy to forget). So, my stencil is a heart meander I have had for some time.
As for my leader-ender quilt, also Bonnie Hunter's Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll, I have completed the strip squares and triangles. This week I am making the 600 red and light half square triangles. I went to JoAnn's to buy the angle ruler she uses but talked myself out of it (use what you have rule). Soooo, this weekend I am cutting 300 2 1/2 squares in red and lights. All next week I will sew them together between my February Quilt.
My February quilt is my Cat Quilt. I have all the cats made. Plus the border is made. All I have to do is put it together. I have not chosen a back yet, but I have enough 5 and 6 yard pieces to make a back.
This week I hope to get a lot of sewing in. Next weekend I hope to quilt the Scrappy Bargello.
I will be on the road again with the West Palm Beach Quilters. We are heading for the Suwannee
River quilt show on March 12. I plan on having a great time as my friend JoAnna will be joining us for the first time. Hope to see you there.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment