Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spiderweb Quilt Progress

I did not think I would get this far after getting into putting it all together. Matching the hexagon centers were a little much. I have one left that I am not really happy with but I can only do as much as I can do. I took it out twice and I do not feel good about taking it out a third time.
I went to the quilt shop to get my free fat quarter this month and saw this blue color on the sale wall. Plus, it was end of the month sale and I got an additional off.
While I was there I asked Theresa, the shop owner, about border ideas. She suggested a black border to frame it and then the blue and maybe another black border.

I did like that suggestion as it toned the blue down a little. I put what my quilt group refers to as a thread catcher on the edges. When I attach the border I will have an half inch border showing.
I am thinking that I will make the blue border 3-inches wide and then make a wide binding on the front and the back. I read somewhere about making wide bindings. I will google it later today.
I think I am going to like this quilt.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment