Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clamshell Update

For some reason I cannot not get my pictures to upload on the computer. I will try to fix it myself this weekend and load them up for you to see.
However, I have made some progress. I was blog browsing and stumbled upon Brown Dirt Cottage blog. I noted that she was using muslin for her light blocks. I liked it. So I said to myself, "Self, you can make all your light blocks one color instead of trying to find several different lights." Since I had a credit at my local quilt shop I went there (drove like an maniac) and bought not one, but three yards of an off yellowish cream color. Then I went shopping at my other favorite quilt place (my sewing room) and found over fifty different dark colors to start my journey.
I cut out a few of the darks and ironed the tops down. This weekend I will glue them down.
I have a four day weekend this week-Friday thru Monday-I plan to do a little quilting on my HQ 16. Which brings a question to mind I have meaning to ask. I have a HQ 16 and one of the banquet tables but I want one of the newer tables-the Studio frame. Does anyone have a Studio frame and how do you like it?
Happy quilting until we meet again.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment