Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Clamshell Club

I joined the Clamshell Club. I do not have any pictures this week but I will have next week.
So, what have I done? I went to the library and found a pattern. I enlarged it to be approx. 4.5 inches at the widest point. I took an afternoon to learn the different types of applique. I have not really appliqued anything even thought I took a class. Connecting Threads has a nice tutorial on applique. I decided to use freezer paper. I have some mylar template plastic that I have used in the past and was going to use that but the freezer paper is my choice. So, this is my to-do list:
Copy of pattern-done
Make a master copy of the pattern (4 clamshells will fit on a sheet of paper)-done
Cut my freezer paper to fit my copier-to do
Make 25 copies to start-to do
Will have photos before the week is over. I plan to start with the light colors. The word here is PLAN (which always go astray).
Happy quilting.
Jeri

4 comments:

  1. That's a good start! Perfecting the process is taking most of us a month or two I think. Denise (http://mylifeinquilts.blogspot.com) bought pre-printed freezer paper; you might want to put a grid on your original since it looks like a lot of us are doing so after the fact!

    I'm new to applique too; I think we will be much more confident about it after this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great plan, Jerri!
    :) I agree with Sally, we are all figuring it out as we go. And the great thing is that it is FUN, because we are learning something new together!
    Can't wait to see more!
    Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jerri - I think you will like the freezer paper method. That is what I am using and so far, so good! Can't wait to see some photos when you get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry to have misspelled your name!

    ReplyDelete