Thursday, October 22, 2009

Catching Up

I cannot believe that I have not blog in over a month since I like chatting.
Well, I have not been doing nothing. I have been working, sewing, chatting, visiting with JoAnna and buying material. Oh, I forgot. I bought a Singer Featherweight. I hope I got a good deal. I won it on ebay. I WILL post pictures when it arrives.
I went to the Jacksonville quilt show last month and had a great time. There were so many nice quilts. The Best of Show was beautiful. I bought a ruler with a lip for paper piecing. I went to a demo given by my local quilt shop and they recommended it. They also recommended using newspaper print for piecing. I bought some packing paper from Lowe's. I will need to cut it down to size to get it through my printer. I bought three patterns, some fabric yardage and fat quarters. I had a great time. I also went to the Olde Green Cupboard Quilt Shop. If you ever get to Jacksonville please visit their shop. The ladies are great. The fabric select is wonderful. The quilts they have displayed are to die for.
Next month I am going to the quilt show in West Palm Beach. I have signed up for two classes (that means I paid my money) and ordered the required materials and book. I may sign up for an applique class. I got the day off but I have not decided. While I am down South my friends and I plan to go to the quilt shop in Margate. I will take pictures and post them.
I will post more later but I need to get back to sewing. I have a deadline with my Aqua and Red nine patch blocks.
Happy quilting.
Jeri

No comments:

Post a Comment