Saturday, October 22, 2011

Halloween Pillowcases

I did not forget my promise to you but I was busy sewing and thought maybe you would forgive me this once.
I have been making pillowcases to sell at my job. I made 18 and sold them all. I was a little bit afraid that they would not sell. Wrong.
This one is my favorite. I love the black band at the top.


I had so much fun putting the colors together.

The pumpkins are cute.

More that I love.

Would I do it again? Yes.

And more goodies.

I am going to make two more for my daughter and her boyfriend this week. I will post them when I finish. I want to make her a bag but I do not think the material I ordered will get here in time. Something for next year.

I was out today shopping and went to my local quilt shop and got my free fat quarter. I am a Sew Special member. For being a member we get a discount off our fabric and a free fat quarter every month and an extra one on our birthday. This month I chose a black print for a quilt I plan to make early next year.

On the way home I decided to detour and go to my favorite thrift store. While I was there I found this honey for $15.

I have always wanted a beige/tan Singer every since I saw a friend of mine using one her mother gave her. There are no attachments or manuals. I will look on ebay and see what I can find. It is a Singer Model 237.

I have not tried sewing on it yet. The bobbin case is dirty and a little rusty. I will take it to the sewing machine shop near my job next week and get him to give her a good cleaning and a once over.
This weekend I am working on a Halloween wallhanging for my door.

Happy sewing.

jbj

No comments:

Post a Comment