Sunday, February 21, 2010

Design Wall Monday

On February6 I went to West Palm Beach and took a class on making a spiderweb quilt. I spent the night at my friend Liz's house (she also took the class). It was a fantastic class. I stepped out of my box and used bright (as bright as I could handle) colors. One thing I did do was add a one inch strip to outline my spiderweb. I have made several more triangles but I still have a few more to go. I would make this quilt again.
With the scraps I have left over I want to make a string quilt and donate it.

I finished all the cats for my cat quilt. The strips along the right hand side of the photo is my borders. The pattern call for trianges on the corners of the squares but I really did not like that. Tuesday when I go to my crafting group I will lay all the cats out on the floor and arrange them.

I made some extra cats for the back.
I saw this quilt at work and thought you would like to see it. I wanted to get a photo of the quilt with the squares on the top side but she had made her bed up this way. I will try to get a better photo but I hope you can see what I loved about this quilt from these two photos.

This is a closer view of the blocks. All the different colors just make this a beautiful quilt.

It was a long week at work. I got the job as the Discharge Planner. There is so much to remember/learn about Medicare/Medicaid/HMO/Private pay insurances.
Happy quilting.
Jeri

2 comments:

  1. Jeri, dear, you're on a roll ! And the cats quilt is absolutely LOVELY!
    HAPPY EASTER to you, my friend. I'm a bit lazy for writing, right now, but you know you're in my thoughts. Always ;>)
    Heartfully,
    NADINE
    XOXOXOXOXOOXXOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how did your cat and star quilt turn out? Hope you had time to work on both since last blogging. I love cat quilts from that same exact block, have made several and more in the works. Also have cut for the spiderweb quilt.... so many I want to work on!

    ReplyDelete